Sunday, January 8, 2012

To Be More Like Jesus!!!


                                Here are a few pictures I got off the internet of Katie...
Katie has adopted 13 girls.
KISSES FROM KATIE
I am listening to Katie Davis book right now, and I am so encouraged by it. She is a young single lady in her 20s who was led by God to move to Uganda Africa to help children in need, which means leaving family, friends everybody she knew and stepping out in faith..... talk about selflessness.

Katie has adopted 13 girls !!! She talks about how the children there do not care about earthly things, and are thankful for the smallest things like food, clothes, being able to take showers, reading the Bible things that we in America take for granted. A lot of them can not even do that stuff. I pray that I could be like that, and not take for granted the things that God has given me...:-)

James 1:27     
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Psalm 82:3     
Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Lily Marie, I love her already... I think she is doing a WONDERFUL job with these kids!!!!!!!!!! It must be a BLESSING that she has given up her time, love and hope for these kids:) It made me laugh at the end when she said " That's my kid, for the record"...lol G-d is using her to be a shinning light in these kids lives and to show that G-d is looking down saying I LOVE YOU!

    Thank you for sharing this video with us Kelsey, I will keep in touch:)

    Kelsey, I sent you the link for the button maker... Did... You get it??

    Blessings,
    Eva

    Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring example! Thanks for sharing..Now I have to get her book!

    His Princess,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about this girl a while back and was so impressed!

    So I see that you want to join our Christian homeschool girl community, awesome! There are a bunch of ways to get involved: you can follow the blog with Google Friend Connect, subscribe to the feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/altogetherseparate), be a part of the Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/altogetherseparate/), and best of all, join the discussion forums (http://agirlsetapart.proboards.com/index.cgi).

    I hope to hear more from you in the future :)

    God Bless,
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by. I hope my blog encouraged you in some small way! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read them...They bring so much joy and sunshine into my day!

May we seek to follow Him with all that we have!
Love,
Kelsey