Monday, September 30, 2013

The Blessing of Change


Proverbs 19:21

Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.





I was just thinking about all the has changed in the last few years. I use to live in Texas. I loved it,(or so I thought I did). I remember the night my parents told us we were moving to Colorado, like it was yesterday. It broke my heart, leaving my life for a new one, I thought it would be the worst thing in the world. That's when I thank God for my precious parents who know better than me. If only I knew the plans God had for me and my family (Jeremiah 29:11). Sense moving to Colorado, I have had the best years of my life(so far), I have met the best friends, I have fallen deeply in love with Jesus, I get to wake up everyday and see the mountains {and think about how great of an artist my God is}, I get to see my family loving Colorado as much as I do. And the list goes on. I seriously could not be happier anywhere else in the world

I remember being so joyful inside when the picture above was taken. It was when I was starting to realize how great God is for placing my family here, for such a time as this. The times I spent in the little cabin when we first moved here, were some of the best times of my life to this point. I think back and get excited about all the wonderful memories that were made then and are being made to this day.

I never would have thought I would be writing this blog post 2 short years ago, I was kind of resentful towards Colorado, but I am writing it, because of Gods grace towards me. He has given me far more than I deserve. I am so grateful for all He has done!

Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.



7 comments:

  1. I wish I could move out West soooo badly!!!! I love the mountains and everything about the West! Maybe someday I'll get to move there. :)

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, such a sweet post! :) I'm glad you love Colorado too. I think it's the best state in the US of A. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelsey,
    This was exactly what I needed today! I'm having such a difficult time adjusting to this crazy college town...thank you for the reminder that God has a plan, and it *does* get better :)
    Blessings,
    Hannah =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelsey,
    Such a beautiful post. I've lived in the same place all my life...and I can't imagine moving out far away. I'm so glad that you've adjusted well (: and I love Colorado! I have only been there twice, but it's so fun and beautiful.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand completely! When my family had to leave a certain church, I thought it was the end of the world. But now we are at a different church, and I've met the most wonderful, amazing, inspiring people! I'm so grateful for my new friends there, and through God's grace, am still friends with those from my old church as well. God is so good!

    ~jaime

    p.s. I awarded you at my blog: diligentlywaiting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently moved and it was so hard, but it was one of the best things that happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelsey... this is one of the sweetest posts I've read in my life. "I remember being so joyful inside when the picture above was taken. It was when I was starting to realize how great God is for placing my family here, for such a time as this." Love this :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by. I hope my blog encouraged you in some small way! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read them...They bring so much joy and sunshine into my day!

May we seek to follow Him with all that we have!
Love,
Kelsey