Sunday, January 13, 2013







Mark 10:45 
45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."





Me and my cousin Gracie, who is in town from Indiana as well as my dear friend Christine did a "Random Kindness Day"....It was so much fun! It truly is better to give then receive! We did all of these things in my little town, which made it all the better!
1.  Made cookies...lots and lots of cookies! Yummo:)

Karsten made pictures for the firemen, I love him!

About to leave...

2. Gave cookies and a card to the firemen who ate them before we left! Ha:)

3.Tried to give cookies to the policemen, but they were not there..So we just left them at the door..



Went to Library and put encouraging sticky notes with scriptures in the books and gave flowers to the Librarians.

4. Stopped and gave this poor guy some cookies and a Bible he was very happy! He seemed so young to only have one leg and be battling cancer.


5. Left more encouraging sticky notes at the vending machine along with quarters for people to buy themselves a drink .


Getting the flowers, right before we went in we prayed that God would lead us to  someone who is hurting and when we within minutes we saw an elderly man who kept stumbling and falling, we went over to help him and ended up being able to pray with him, what a wonderful God we have to open up doors!

Writing the sticky notes full of encouragement and scriptures.

6. Went to McDonald's and payed for the person behind us as well as the person behind  him:) The look on his face was priceless! The lady that we payed was a little confused at first, but after we started to explain she was so excited! Joy is contagious.

7. We went to Walgreen's and handed the pharmacist a bouquet of flowers , and asked her to take one out for her and then give one to every person that comes and gets medicine. She was so shocked and her face lit up so brightly!

8. We don't have a picture but we took a pack of waters to the fitness center and they were so happy the guy that was walking out thought it was so cool!




It  was such a joy to do this! The pictures do not even explain how much fun it was. We were so overjoyed by the time it had ended! The looks on every ones faces just made you want to start jumping up and down with joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



8 comments:

  1. Aw, that's so sweet! Sounds like fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!! I would love to do something like this soon. :)

    Keep being a bright light,
    ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! That must have been fun and so rewarding. I love the library notes idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat! That would be so fun to do some time in the furture. Thanks for sharing!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygosh that is awesome!!! I would love to do something big and amazing like that!!! You guys are so sweet to do that. God bless you!

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such an awesome idea...thanks for sharing!
    It is *so* encouraging to see young ladies, going out and sharing the love of Christ!

    God bless you ladies!

    Serving HIM,
    Alisha

    www.alishainprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa—amazing! I am definitely going to do this! Thanks for the idea.

    God bless,
    Shoshanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you don't mind, but I just shared a link to this post with all my facebook friends. I want them to be encouraged and challenged the way I was when I read this. We need more Christians who are willing to live a life of giving. You are such a blessing to me, Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by. I hope my blog encouraged you in some small way! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read them...They bring so much joy and sunshine into my day!

May we seek to follow Him with all that we have!
Love,
Kelsey