Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thai Food

Our family loves Thai food....so, me and my Mom made a Thai dinner a couple of days ago...It was really delicious, and we all enjoyed it!!(Sorry the pictures are not that great:-)





The first recipe is for the soup......most people do not have all of these things on hand...My Dad had to go to a certain Thai store:-)

  • 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
  • 1 stalk lemon grass, minced
  • 2 teaspoons red curry paste
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
  • 3 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
  • 1/2 pound fresh Shi'ite mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and divined
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • salt to taste
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions

  1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste in the heated oil for 1 minute. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually. Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar; simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp; cook until no longer translucent about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice; season with salt; garnish with cilantro.

  And this one is for the Spring rolls...
Ingredients
  • 2 ounces rice vermicelli
  • 8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
  • 8 large cooked shrimp - peeled, divined and cut in half
  • 1 1/3 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 leaves lettuce, chopped
  • 4 teaspoons fish sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
  • 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon finely chopped peanuts

Directions

  1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
  2. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
  3. In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
  4. In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
  5. Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures
Hope you enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. yummy! You look SUPER cute! :) BTW, I love your header...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey.

    I love your skirt. It's modest and very pretty. I will have to try this recipe some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thai sounds good, and looks good too!

    Pretty background change and header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!!!! Wow, my mouth is watering. ;) Wish I could taste food through the internet! (good idea for future inventions, btw.)
    Anyways, you look so adorable! ;)
    Love,
    ~Lil~
    P.S. I posted (finally) on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy. I LOVE your skirt!! I want one! That is my style. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum Thai food!:) I have been scrolling through and loooving your blog.. also we (our family) love spring rolls! Delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by. I hope my blog encouraged you in some small way! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read them...They bring so much joy and sunshine into my day!

May we seek to follow Him with all that we have!
Love,
Kelsey